Global Employment Initiative (GEI)
The Global Employment Initiative (GEI) is a U.S. Department of State program designed to assist family members of U.S. government employees assigned to U.S. embassies and consulates abroad with all aspects of career management, including employment in the host country.
GEI provides an alternative and cost-free solution to the staffing needs of international and local organizations by connecting them with the talent pool of Foreign Service family members available to work in-country.
The GEI Advantage
- Unlike expatriate recruitment, candidates are already in-country and do not require additional funding for relocation or housing.
- Candidates are flexible: available for full-time, part-time, consulting and project-based work.
- The bilateral work agreement between the U.S. and Kuwait allows for an expedited work permit process for candidates.
For more information, please contact the local GEI office:
- Global Employment Advisor, U.S. Embassy Kuwait
- Email: SNAPKuwait@state.gov
- Tel: +965 259-1245
*GEI Kuwait only extends services to family members of U.S. government employees assigned to the U.S. Embassy Kuwait and employers interested in recruiting Foreign Service family member candidates. GEI is not a public program and cannot assist private U.S. citizens residing in Kuwait or local citizens and residents.
To learn more about GEI worldwide, please visit: