How to Apply
The United States welcomes foreign visitors. We are pleased that a variety of persons of diverse backgrounds in Kuwait qualify to receive visas to travel to our country each year for vacation, business, studies, family visitation or for other purposes.
For more information about the waiting time for your appointment/visa, please click here.
The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait provides visa services to individuals resident in Kuwait who wish to enter the United States temporarily for business, study, or pleasure.
The general application steps on the new visa appointment system are:
- Go to www.ustraveldocs.com/kw (if this is the first time on ustraveldocs.com, you will need to create a profile to login).
- Please complete your DS-160 Online Visa Application which is available at ceac.state.gov/genNIV.
- Please print and take your deposit slip to any Burgan Bank location to pay your visa application fee.
- Schedule an appointment for your visa interview online at www.ustraveldocs.com/kw or by phone through the Call Center (at +965-2220-4144).
- If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please do so 24 hours beforehand, as a courtesy to other applicants.
To contact us, please visit www.ustraveldocs.com. You can also reach us through the following:
Phone:Kuwait: +965 2220 4144 U.S.: +1 703 520 2243
- Applicants Under Age 14
- Employees of International Organizations
- Diplomat and Government Officials
- Journalist Visas
- Crew Member
- Medical Patient
- Domestic Employee (Maid)
- Information regarding your interview
- Requesting an expedited appointment
- Fiance(e) to marry an American citizen
- Temporary worker
- Exchange visitor
- Medical patient