Federal Benefits & Taxes
The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait does not have a Federal Benefits office or representative at post. Many applications for benefits may be submitted online through the respective agencies. Please check the following websites for the most up-to-date information or for direct inquiries:
- For information on Social Security and Medicare benefits: www.ssa.gov
- For information on benefits for veterans: www.va.gov
- For information on benefits for Federal employees: www.opm.gov
The Consular Section can provide assistance with the following
- Filing Social Security claims for retirement, survivors and disability benefits;
- Filing Department of Veterans’ Affairs claims for compensation, pension, education, survivor and burial benefits;
- Assist beneficiaries of pensions from the Office of Personnel Management, Washington, DC and the Railroad Retirement Board;
- Beneficiary status change transactions, i.e., notice of changes of address, non-receipt of payment, etc.;
- Medicare enrollments and cancellations;
- Earnings record inquiries;
- Assist in obtaining replacement Social Security Cards.
Please note that applications and inquiries are sent to the regional Federal Benefits unit for processing.
For more information about the range of benefits and services for U.S. citizens abroad, please visit the Department of State page.
As with all services, assistance with Federal Benefits does require an appointment, which can be made by sending an email to KuwaitACS@state.gov. Please include Federal Benefits Appointment in the subject line and indicate the type of assistance needed in the text.
For information on taxes, please click here.
For information on social security, please click here.