Welcome to Doing Business in Kuwait
- According to the IMF, Kuwait’s real GDP growth grew by 4.5% in 2012 due to oil production and export growth. Kuwait benefits from elevated international oil prices as the export of crude oil accounts for the lion’s share of its foreign exchange earnings. Kuwait has the 3rd highest per capita GDP in the Middle East.
- Kuwait was the United States 57th largest export market in 2011. Total two-way trade reached $10.5 billion in 2011. Total U.S. exports to Kuwait were $2.7 billion the same year, making Kuwait the 6th largest US export market in the Middle East.
- There are many opportunities for U.S. products and services in the coming decade. With an affluent middle class, Kuwaiti consumer demand will continue to increase. Markets of opportunity include education and training services, health care technologies, oil and gas equipment and services, power generation, information technologies, and defense.
- Doing business in Kuwait is not without risk, but the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait stands ready to assist U.S. companies wishing to enter this potentially lucrative market.
The following links are provided for detailed information:
- Doing Business in Kuwait
- Doing Business in the USA
- Economic Data and Reports
- Future Events and Meetings
- Key Business Links
- U.S Government Announcements, Remarks and Press